Founded in December 1996, the Howard University Community Association was established to enhance the University’s relations with its surrounding communities.We accomplish this by:
- directly responding to individual inquiries and concerns;
- participating in community- and local government-sponsored meetings;
- convening Community Advisory Committee gatherings;
- cooperating in special joint initiatives;
- addressing broader neighborhood challenges; and
- exploring opportunities for improving the overall quality of life for the University and the community-at-large.
The Community Association in collaboration with the University's colleges, schools, and other programs, address challenges affecting the University and its surrounding neighbors; inform the public of programs, activities and services it offers; and provide students, faculty, and staff with community service opportunities.
To directly engage Howard University’s neighbors through open communications, timely responses to interests and concerns, the pursuit of meaningful partnerships and the delivery of service.
To establish and maintain an ever-evolving respectful, productive and mutually beneficial relationship between the University and its neighbors.
- Truth and Service
- Respect and Integrity
- Open Communication
- Innovation and Creativity